Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend thoughts

Our game yesterday saw us play some of our best soccer of the season and definitely score our best goal of the season so despite the 2-1 loss there was many things to be positive about.  I felt our first half performance deserved more than the one goal we got and we certainly tried to dictate the tempo after a shaky opener couple of minutes.  Our freshmen coming off the bench all made an impact on the game which was great and Sousa played the whole 90 minutes so we continue to see our underclassman playing substantial minutes under the guidance of our upperclassman.  Next game is Wednesday so we are back on the field for practice tomorrow.

Today I was fortunate enough to be part of the leadership retreat for our student athletes which took us to the national mall to the FDR, Jefferson and MLK memorials and partake it some fun leadership/group activities.  It was also the day that the athletes signed the Colonial Constitution a first for the department and something I was proud to be a part of.  Overall, it was a great success and it was great for me to spend time with student athletes and coaches of all the other varsity sports at GW.

I am glad I made it through the weekend.  After waking Saturday feeling ill and 2 hours before kick off being violently sick I was able to suck it up and despite feeling somewhat better today I am looking forward to going to bed early and hopefully getting back to 100% for the week ahead.

1 comment: