Monday, September 24, 2012

Magic Mondays

A busy week ahead with games Wednesday and Saturday plus our Alumni weekend meant it was a fully packed day with practice and preparations.  Its seems we have come out of the weekends games more banged up than I thought with numbers low for the session today.  With the day off Sunday and the extra rest for some today I hope to get a better idea who's going to be fit for Wednesday after the session tomorrow.  For those who were able to fully participate the small sided games and shooting activities seems to work to get everyone going and some of the much needed sharpness for the upcoming games.  I felt the need to get a 15 minute jog on the treadmill while the guys lifted just to make sure I got the recent sickness out of my system nothing to do with the upcoming alumni game.


I'm looking forward to the next 6 days.  With 2 games to be a part of, Advisory Counsel Events and Alumni events all weekend it will be a great time to catch up with people, play some soccer, watch some GW women's soccer and coach some soccer.  Plus I'm sure I'll find some time to watch some premier league games in between.


I forgot to mention yesterday that at the closing of the Student Athlete Leadership retreat along with Gymnastics Head Coach Foster-Cunningham we were asked to speak briefly to all our student athletes on behalf of our coaching staffs.  Being so pleased at almost being done with my few words I managed to ask everyone to rise and on 3 say Go Colonials!  To the approximate 450 student athletes and staff the words that came out sounded like Go Conolials.  Many theories have come since but the answer is:
a. I decided to rename our nickname
b. I got a little tongue tied
c. I was overcome with emotion
d. Technical difficulty with the mic
e. None of the above

The answer is e.  I wish I could blame the teleprompter but there wasn't one so I will have to say that it was my Welsh accent coming out that pronounces certain words a little differently. Honest ;-)


Articles from the weekends Game (didn't make the Washington Post again lol)

GWSports
GW Hatchet Newspaper

Magic Moment of the Day
Getting back on the field getting after it at practice.











1 comment: