Friday, September 28, 2012

Pre game and Alumni Events

Practice today saw us play Team Europe (plus rest of the world) v Team USA in our big Ryder Cup game at the Vern.  Unfortunately my team lost but mainly due to the non Europeans / American players we had acquired to even the numbers so there was obviously some shenanigans going on.  I hope the Europe Golf team fares better this weekend.

Saturdays game v Longwood 2-7-1 will be another tough physical game.  Similar results to ourseleves so far a little up and down but I know Coach Atkinson well and they will be ready to compete and will fight for everything.  A very successful season last year saw them enter the Big South this year and a tough schedule both in and out of conference will have put them up against some tough opposition so far this year.

Same story for us, can we dictate the tempo and keep the ball longer with more passes going forward.  I will once again be waiting until the last minute to name the starting line up as players fight against the clock to recover from injury.  I hope tomorrow we take more that 3 shots for the game, if not I hope those 3 shots are the most perfect shots and lead to goals.

A good friend Ade Parrish has been reading the blog so thanks for the support.  I now know one person outside my family and GWU players are reading it lol.  As Youth Soccer technical director for the State of Kentucky its about time he got me some players.  He definately owes me after all the times I bailed him out playing together in DC some years ago.

Cant wait for he Alumni Events tomorrow
10AM Alumni game
1pm Game v Longwood
4.30pm Athletics Reception Smith Center
6.30pm F Street Bistro Soccer Alumni Reception

Magic Moment of the Day
Talking with many of our Alumni today


1 comment: