Thursday, September 27, 2012

Advisory Counsel, Lidster and More

Practice was short as we recovered from the game yesterday so some light jogging, ball work and for those returning from injury and making themselves available for Saturday some short 4v4 games.  Then it was time to watch some video which I managed to cut on imovie and show the guys.  Not easy to watch but you have to use the information and see where you make mistakes to hopefully correct them going forward.  We've certainly upgraded from me fast forwarding and rewinding the game on DVD to at least just getting some clips good and bad to show the players.

I felt the group was still a little flat from yesterdays game and defeat so its up to me and the coaching staff to get the lads back up and buzzing for tomorrows practice and ready for the game Saturday.  I may have to show clips from Braveheart or Gladiator tomorrow to get them lifted again but I think an appearance in the practice game tomorrow and a 50/50 tackle with Irizarry enough to make the earth shake should do the job.  If you are reading this Coach Irizarry don't injure me cause I got the alumni game on Saturday morning.

This evening I was fortunate enough to be part of the opening event for the Inaugural  GW Athletics National Advisory Counsel.  Surrounded by Alumni, Athletic Staff, Student Athletes, President Knapp and Provost Lerman if was a great night as we raised high the Buff and Blue.  I look forward to seeing many of the Counsel over the next few days and spending some time talking about the great tradition and future we have as GW sports.  In addition to Counsel members and Staff, on my table were Student Athletes Rudolph, Solorzano, Womens Soccer Jane Wallis and Womens Lacrosse Caitlyn O'Brien (the only non soccer play on our table but I officially made her an honorary member of mens soccer) who made the night a success.  Like the current US President it made me want another term/four years of eligibilty to play, its a great time to be a GW Colonial.

Lastly, a shout out to Former Coach and close friend George Lidster.  He told me he reads the blog at breakfast with his cup of coffee.  Its nice to see that in his retirement hes finally learnt how to use a computer.  Send me a photo of the catch of the day and be safe on the boat.

Magic Moment of the Day
Inaugural GW Athletics National Advisory Counsel Dinner.

1 comment: