Saturday, September 7, 2013

Freedom Tower, Times Square and CT.

Note to self always unplug the hotel alarm clock!  This is something I always do but last night due to the fact that the clock had a charging station for my iphone i decided to leave it on.  AT 5am this morning not really knowing what was going on I was awoken by a strange sound that was getting louder and louder next to me.  Not only did it wake me up but I thought I had turned off the alarm after many seconds of fumbling around only to hear the same annoying sound 5 mins later as I must have put the alarm on snooze.   At this point the clock was pulled from the wall and no Marriott, I did not break it.

Lets talk more about the day.  After breakfast today it was into NYC for the players and coaches Irizarry and Ouimet and after stops at Freedom Tower and Times Square it was lunch in the Big Apple.


For me it was a day on the road recruiting in Connecticut so unfortunately I missed on on the festivities but had the pleasure of driving around NYC traffic.  It was a fun little trip after the crowded city traffic the further north I went in CT it changed from concrete to green trees very reminiscent of back home in Wales.

Today was a day for the players to enjoy NYC stretch their legs and get some much needed rest for the game v NJIT tomorrow.  Another tough game for us and for our upper classmen they will not have forgotten the 1-0 loss last year with just 5 minutes to go in the game after they scored on a breakaway,  A year later and I still think it was offside.  We once again have a team playing their home opener so that will be an added incentive for them to perform and another game where we have to take that edge away by controlling the tempo of the game and playing our game.

Raise High Moment of the Day
Freedom Tower
For the players they saw it up close for me I saw it from a distance but either way its amazing.







No comments:

Post a Comment