Sunday, August 25, 2013

Final Day Preseason - Day 12

Its officially our last day of preseason and despite us only being here for under 2 weeks its felt longer.  The two a day sessions were as far away as ever.  Our freshman had come through their first collegiate preseason and touch wood, injury free.  A fitting way to end the hard work of the past two weeks was a light recovery session after the game yesterday and we were done for the day.

As a group overall we've had a good preseason and I am excited with the potential of the group as we look to begin the regular season.  Our new guys have been fantastic and our returners have led the way with their attitude and commitment.  All we have to do now is put it all together on the field and I'll be a very happy coach.  I know that the season will throw up some speed bumps along the way but from what I have seen so far the group has a togetherness that can get us through those times and move on.  We still have work to do on the training ground to keep the team moving in the right direction and more importantly the same direction.  We're still not quite in sync in certain areas of the game but each game we have shown that we are and can get there.

I was asked recently if there were any surprises or players who had surprised me so far this preseason. I answered that when coaching players from 18-22 life is full of surprises.  Each day I see and hear something new that reminds me I'm getting older but also that I'm doing something that I love doing and I hope if little else, I can instill on my guys the privilege and passion I have for the sport and GW Mens Soccer.

Look forward to seeing my thousands of readers LOL at our games this Fall.  GO COLONIALS!!!

I'm heading home to watch Welsh Soccer teams Swansea and Cardiff play in the premier league on the telly and have a relaxing afternoon.

Raise High Moment of the Day:
Its a 3 way tie:
1 Burnadette Burke getting our guys through preseason healthy
2 the return from injury of Coach Ouimet in the 5v5 (still not 100% though)
3 Freshman Leadership retreat Day to Mount Vernon


No comments:

Post a Comment