Saturday, September 8, 2012

Hotel Life and Lexington VA

After breakfast today we left the hotel at 9.45am to go practice for a short sharp session. Getting some of the stiffness out of the legs can be challenging on days like this and we started like tin men creaking around the field.  Us coaches are like this most days except for the younger Irizarry who graced us with his presence dressed in his khaki's and polo and was definitely the smartest coach I saw at the field today.  We slowly got moving a little better as the legs started coming back.  Coach Felix donned his first generation total 90 boots which I am told are worth some money these days to the right antique dealer.  I decided to finish practice by beating JP with an upper 90 PK and then showing my repertoire of PK's beating Lopez with my powerball down the middle.

Back at the hotel the players got a quick hour and half study hall before we left for lunch and downtown Lexington.  A small quaint town with lots of history surrounding the area the players enjoyed a couple of hours taking in the scene.  On the way home a stop by Irizarry at the cemetery where Stonewall Jackson is buried was spoiled by the rain storm that passed through the area so it was a quick dash back to the bus and back to the hotel.

Another great dinner at Salerno, which I would recommend if you are ever in Lexington, and then to the American Megastore that is known as Walmart.  There mainly to pick up some snacks and drinks for the players but also to introduce Forrest to to piece of American culture.  Being from England it was his first time so he was very excited and wait for it, he purchased some socks???

Back at the hotel with lights out at 10.30 I'm hoping I will finally get a good nights sleep.  I have the TV remote ready and some sport center highlights and online soccer games to watch I'm all set.

Magic Moment of the Day
For Forrest it was his trip to Walmart for me it was Coach Irizarry's practice attire.


1 comment: