Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Back to Work

It was nice to have Sunday afternoon off after practicing in the morning and getting the guys some time to relax and recover. For me it was nice to enjoy the labor day holiday with the family and do what I love to do most, go to the mall. Jut kidding everyone it was painful but at least I got the car cleaned in the parking garage cleaning service. It's always good to recharge the batteries and stay away from the game for the day or so. I must admit the joys of technology can also be a pain on days like this as work emails and phone calls keep coming in even on a so called day off. I will say it again, there are no days off

It was back on the field today and I felt the players looked a little lethargic especially towards the end. I have seen this many times on the session after a day off. It almost has the opposite effect to what you think a day off is meant to do. The lift after practice seemed to get the guys going again so I hope they are ready for tomorrow and plan to get the work rate and tempo back for a high energy session. The goalkeepers were definately put through a workout as Coach Pasquinelli got his circus of apparatus and gizmos out to get the guys flying around.

Magic moment of the day
Finally finishing the preseason paperwork

1 comment: