Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Tuesday

After Monday off for the players it was back to the practice field today and what was planned to be, and was, a tough session.  After starting with our injury prevention warm up it was time for me to take over and get the guys working up a sweat.  What I originally had planned as a possession session turned into a 1v1 wars with possession combined through overloads and numbers up scenarios.  For those of you who don't coach the previous sentence probably didn't make much sense with all that coaching jargon but don't worry because I do coach and it didn't make much sense to me.

Anyways, the players worked very hard and we had some very tired legs in between each repetition as they gasped for air in the hot DC sun trying to get some energy before they started the next set.  Talking about the sun, it was another glorious day in DC with me having to delay putting the sun block away for another week at least as the forcast looks good. 

After the possession it was time to get into a 6v6 tournament with three 5 minute games to decide a winning team.  With injury numbers low, playing numbers are high so I have found myself on the bench throughout the Fall so far and Coach Ouimet and Irizarry taking the field to make up the numbers we need.  I think its time I got on the field because what I've seen from the staff so far has not been of the highest standard.  Let me correct that last statement, this is referring to my outfield staff as Coach Pasquinelli not only took his team to the winners circle but saved the last penalty in a PK shoot out to get his team the win.  It was the only penalty he dived for so I guess he was saving the best for last, no pun intended.

Tomorrow its practice and lifting sessions as we continue to prepare for Robert Morris and our Alumni Game.

Raise High Moment of the Day
PK save by Coach Pasquinelli, rolling back the years !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment