Friday, October 18, 2013

End of the Week Game Day Sunday

Its the end of the work week unless you're a coach in season which means everyday is a work day.  A lighter session today as we scale down the workload for the game on Sunday meant the session was short and sharp and the guys were done a little early.  I cant say too much about Coach Oumet's soccer ball cleaning invention as its still in the infancy stage with patents pending I'm sure but it was quite a sight to see the players scrubbing the balls clean.  Almost medieval looking with a fair bit of labor going into the process produced an almost new looking ball so theres no excuses now for the goalkeepers or players not being able to pick the flight of the ball up quickly.

Having the opportunity to play a longer 11v11 game today after the warm up and shooting exercise we were able to let the game flow more and allow the players to get into more of a rhythm.  I find myself stuck in the middle of the free flowing game always with a ball underarm ready to bark some instruction but today the moment never really came.  (which is a good thing!)  Some slight adjustment here and there and a quiet word with one or two guys was all that was needed as I stood back and enjoyed the moment.  Two days from now the calm and peaceful mood I felt today will be long gone as we enter the battle of another A10 game.  I must average 20 cups of water during a game as I stand on edge thinking and kicking every ball tense yet mentally sharp for 90 minutes or as of late 110 minutes.  No complaints thought I love what I do especially when we win.

Wanted to give a shout out for a good friend of mine Davie Butler who at 1.30pm today was officially sworn in as a US Citizen.  Hopefully he will grace us with his presence on Sunday for the game unless he's already started a run for office.

Thats it for todays Blog.  I gotta get going, pick up the kids from daycare, clean the house as my wife returns home after a week long convention, get ready for Colonial Invasion, change my BPL fantasy League team, get dinner at some point and then hopefully have a good nights sleep.

Raise High Moment of the Day
Nils Elwing screamer of a goal from the top of the 18 which flew into the top corner past Hinners token gesture full stretch dive.  The celebration which followed was even better with Arsenal apparently winning the Champions League with that shot.  You Beauty!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment