Thursday, October 24, 2013

Back on the Road for a big Weekend of Games

For me it was good to be finally back on the practice field being in the thick of the action and watching the guys get ready for the weekend.  A cold morning in DC greeting the players as they left the locker room but we can't complain too much as the Fall weather so far has been rather mild.  Hope I didn't just jinx it.  As always the last session before a game day has been generally lighter and shorter where we are just getting the fast twitch muscles firing and fine turning some areas of preparation.  A warm up with Coach Irizarry with the GK's getting ready with coach Pasquinelli and we were into a shooting game and finishing with 15 mins 11v11 and the practice was over.

With our flight leaving later this evening the players got a chance to go about their daily routine and hopefully today not missing too many classes due to travel.  With the forecast for the game on Friday to be very cold I was to go home and pack the winter jacket and gloves.  To my despair I couldn't find my GW bobble hat but luckily Liz soon saved the day by finding it and relieving my anxiety.  After having to change some flights and add some new ones to our travel party I found myself traveling alone to Providence as the team flew out of Baltimore and I was out of DCA.  Felt a little weird not travelling with the group but as I write my blog here at the airport I definitely got more work done.

With a 7pm kick off tomorrow at Rhode Island the players will get a chance to sleep in a little after the travel late this evening.   After midday snacks its then onto our usual routine of pre game meal about 4 hours before and getting to the field about an hour in advance.  Game preview csn be seen here from our GW Sports website and sport media staff Weekend Preview and you can follow our live stats during the game and catch up with my post game comments through our social media outlets.


My brita filtered water bottle is certainly value for money as I once again fill it up after security check point saving me $3.50 for a bottle of water (day light robbery)

Raise High Moment of the Day
Not getting pulled at security, seems every time I travel alone I get picked for a routine/random search but not tonight!! Happy Days!!!

oops And Liz finding my GW Hat

No comments:

Post a Comment