Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tornados?? and Gangnam Style

After a tornado watch and heavy rains yesterday things were back to normal with the DC weather today.  A cool morning for practice saw temperatures rising throughout the day to become a beautiful afternoon and evening.  With some guys still sitting out practice today with injuries we were down on numbers but I hope to see most guys back tomorrow as we return to full numbers.  

Abaie scored a great header to once again dispel the myth that he doesn't head the ball and Higgins spent most of the session nursing a bloodied nose and having what seemed like a whole box of Kleenex up his nose.  Nicholas was back and completed the whole session and the injured guys were put through Marta's 10 minute AB workout on the sidelines.  Painter has mastered the art of finding lost balls as he once again saved the team by going deep into the tennis courts to find the missing nugget.  Irizarry was on the field for part of the session to even the numbers and he looked as good as ever gliding around the pitch.  The only new injury almost came when coach Felix was struck with a ball in his back which he did not find amusing to say the least.

As a soccer/football fan its been a great 2 days with the return of the Champions League.  Some great games on TV with Real Madrid 3-2 winners over Man City (much to the dismay of Abaie), todays games saw Chelsea 2-2 with Juventus and Barcelona come from behind to beat Spartak Moscow.  I know our players watched the games I hope they were on DVR because I know they couldn't all have had no class during the afternoons.

Yesterday I was rather embarrassed when I didn't know what gangnam style was and not so much the fact I didn't know but Coach Felix did know.  I say this because I was introduced to the GW Women's Lacrosse team and their gangnam style Video click this link from the Washington Post DC Blog.  Believe me its a must see, if you know what Gangnam Stlye is, and who ever did the editing I need you on my staff immediately to break down games.  My only negative on the video is where is Coach Hannaford and her staff and where is Patrick Nero I know he tweeted he would have liked to take past.  Just kidding Great Job!

Magic Moment of the Past 2 days
GW Lacrosse Gangnam Style Video


1 comment: