Monday, September 17, 2012

Rest Day and Planning

A day off from the practice field allowed me to get a good days work in at the office.  Session planning for the week ahead we have 4 days of practice before our game on Saturday.  Having highlighted areas to work on this week after reviewing my game notes I felt a little better than I did immediately after the loss yesterday and on the bus ride home.  I find that its always best to sleep on your thoughts and plans after a game so the emotion and adrenaline are taken out of the thought process.

In my game notes I had written down "the calm before the storm".  I have found that the morning of a game I am constantly going over my preparation and game notes and sometimes it even plays on me the evening before.  Checking and rechecking every aspect of my team talk, reviewing scouting reports over and over and not letting the littlest thing get me riled.  Its when we're on the field and the warm up starts that the weight is temporarily lifted and I am at my calmest.  I can only assume that by this point I can do no more planning and have to let the game dictate what happens next.   Maybe its the feeling of being a part of something that's coming and I love the chess game that comes with it.  What ever it is I am relaxed during this period.  If you ever want a chat and have a question you've been busting to ask this is the time lol

Back to the field tomorrow and looking forward to getting the guys working hard and focused after the off day.  The weather forecast isn't good which means I could be enjoying a Welsh weather day again which I like.

Magic Moment of the Day
Tots Gymnastics Class with my 2 year old daughter

1 comment: