Friday, November 30, 2012

Movember November and Travel

Its been a while since my last blog as its been a busy month.  With the season over and the players starting their off season strength and conditioning program Coach Irizarry and I have been traveling most weekends hitting the recruiting trail.  After a trip to Surf Cup in San Diego last week and a nice visit to good friend and Alumni Andy Drykaman and his family and good friend Simon Yeoman who hosted me it was back to the east coast.  A brief couple of days in DC and I left for Florida this weekend to attend the USSF Academy showcase.  As we search for the next GW soccer players for 2013 and beyond I am happy with the progress so far and hopefully we can close the deal on some players we are recruiting and get the 2013 class finished off.

Off the field the players are working hard in the gym and all the injuries we had during the season seem to be recovering so I am looking forward to the Spring and getting the boys back on the field.  Academically I am optimistic that this semester will be a good one for the team as we strive for excellence in the classroom.  The players also gave their time to help for thanksgiving by collecting a thanksgiving basket and I'm not sure they knew where half the items were on the shopping list but they got it done so good job lads.

This month has also seen me grow some facial mayhem known as a mustache in aid of Movember in the hope to raise some money for Mens Health Issues as many around the world do the same.  Today is the last day so tomorrow I will be facial hair free although I have become attached to the tash I'm looking forward to the kids recognizing me again and being free from funny stares and comments.  Its all for a good cause so it was well worth it although next year I may not have the strength to carry the mustache again.  You can still make an online donation to my account if you haven't already and no donation is too small or too big.  Jonsey Fundraising

I will leave you with a picture on my last day of Movember and in the next few days will post some video interviews of the separation of the tash and pre and post tash interviews.


Magic Moment of the Day
Getting back to the hotel to put my feet up and know that after this weekend I get to be at home with my family for at least 2 weeks.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete