Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday is NOT Funday

Well todays game did not go as we would have liked and after going in 3-0 at half time we really had to  shake things up to get anything from the game.  An improved performance in the second half saw us allow 2 late goal which was not what maybe the second half performance deserved.  That being said it was another day of individual mistakes that cost us goals and unfortunately we have made far too many of them this season.  With one game left in the season I hope the players are still looking forward to the trip to Charlotte and the chance to end on a high and beat a top 25 team.

If things weren't going badly already this season and certainly this weekend then I am about to put the icing on the cake.  After traveling to St. Louis airport our connecting flight into DC was cancelled and we are stuck here for at least another night and day.  What a disaster!! At the airport I was seconds away from losing it with the staff and rude people cutting in line but after an hours wait I was finally at the front desk trying in vain to get the team home.  With no luck tonight on getting anywhere near DC I hope for tomorrow and we get our flights so I can get back to my family as they have to be alone during this once in a lifetime storm/hurricane/tornedo to hit the DC area.  I feel for Coach Pasquinelli also has his wife and children are at home and I know they would feel a lot safer if he were there.

Anyways, one last thing.  When you are playing away from home try and check whats going on in the city that weekend.  This is something I try and do and did do with the St. Louis Cardinals possibly getting in the world series but after they lost I thought it would be a quiet weekend in St. Louis.  Upon our arrival on Saturday I was not delighted to see the hoards of screaming kids in town and it seemed like they were all staying at our hotel, for a Justin Beiber concert.  Just another part of the every eventful life of a coach this season.

Magic Moment of the Day
At least having a hotel with availability to go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment