Friday, August 31, 2012

Short Note today

A video session this morning followed by a re-gen session on the field which involved a team jog, good stretch with the bands and foam rollers and that was it for the day.  For me it was out to do some recruiting in the afternoon and finalize the game plan for tomorrow.  After being in the extreme heat for 2 hours watching a game I got home and my daughter Cerys greeted me with her coaching pose.  A new pose with folded arms and serious face, after seeing me doing just that, which made me laugh and also think how young kids pick up on everything.  I have to be careful of what I do on the sidelines now with a 2 year old mimicking me.

Anyways, for all you european soccer fans it was a busy day on the final day of the transfer market with American Clint Dempsey finally getting away from Fulham to move across London to Tottenham Hotspur.  I know alumni Andy Stadler currently playing in Sweden and a Spurs fan will be happy with that deal.  Overall the hyped up day was fun to follow with my Saints getting a big name star who I hope will still be playing in the Premier League next season.

As I try to call it a day and get some rest my mind wanders to the game tomorrow and what I need to do to get the players ready.  I love this game and the 24 hours it absorbs your mind but I have to put it on the back burner as I need some sleep to be ready for tomorrow and give my players my full attention.  Need a win tomorrow to bounce back and take that onto the road for next weekends games.

Hope to see some of you at the game tomorrow and Goodnight.


1 comment: